This trip begins in Nairobi, Kenya and travels south through Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia before ending in Cape Town, South Africa.
This trip departs from Nairobi early on Sunday morning. Should you wish to explore Nairobi, OAAS or your travel agent can assist you, in booking your activities as well as accommodation. However, costs due to earlier arrival, will be for your own account.
|Length of trip:||43 Days|
|Starts in:||Nairobi, Kenya|
|Finishes in:||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Pre-departure Meeting:||Held at the Departure Point at 17h00, Day 1 of the tour.|
|Departure point:||Kenya Comfort Hotel – Muindi Mbingu Street & Monrovia Street|
|Countries visited:||South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya|
This itinerary should be used as a guide only and may vary from day to day depending on road & weather conditions, political situations and group decisions.
All prices & Local Payments are subject to change.
Due to Tourism Laws in some of the countries we visit, there may be a truck and crew change during the trip.
Your arrival transfer is included in your trip price. Should you choose not to make use of this, or in the event that Overland Across Afrika Safaris was not updated with your arrival details, no refund will be paid for services not used.
Please ensure you’ve received a copy of our pre-departure information document with information on what to expect on this overland safari.
This trip offers culture, wildlife and some of the most spectacular scenery to be found in Africa. We travel from the bustling capital of Nairobi to the mother city of Cape Town. In between we search for the “big five” in world renowned game parks, relax on white-sand beaches, snorkel the magnificent reefs on Zanzibar, and enjoy the tranquil setting along Lake Malawi. Southern Africa doesn’t disappoint with the majestic Victoria Falls, the highest sand dunes in the world in Namibia and impressive Table Mountain.
Meserani Snake Park & Masai Cultural Museum, Serengeti National Park, Dar es Salaam, Zanzibar Ferry, Zanzibar Excursion, Spice Tour, Sunset Dhow cruise, Lake Malawi, South Luangwa National Park, Entrance to Victoria Falls, Chobe Overnight Excursion, Chobe National Park, Okavango Delta Excursion, Etosha National Park, Spitzkoppe, Swakopmund, Transfer to Sossusvlei, Namib Nauklift National Park, Fish River Canyon.
- Meserani Snake Park & Maasai Cultural Museum
- Serengeti National Park
- Dar es Salaam
- Zanzibar Ferry & Zanzibar Excursion
- Spice Tour & Sunset Dhow cruise
- Lake Malawi
- South Luangwa National Park
- Entrance to Victoria Falls (Partially included)
- Chobe Overnight Excursion
- Chobe National Park
- Okavango Delta Excursion (Bush camping)
- Etosha National Park
- Transfer to Sossusvlei
- Namib Nauklift National Park
- Fish River Canyon
- Canoeing on the Orange River
- Airport departure taxes
- Departure transfer
- Meals, water & drinks (unless otherwise stated)
- Travel insurance
- Personal items
- Sleeping bag & Pillow
- Bottled water
- This morning we visit the Meserani Reptile Park and Masai Cultural Museum. A few minutes’ walk from the campsite is a gallery selling the bright and iconic Tinga Tinga paintings. Alternatively, the town of Arusha is nearby to explore. After enjoying lunch at our camp against the backdrop of Mount Meru we meet our Tanzanian guides and transfer into locally operated 4WD vehicles. These vehicles have been adapted for safari use and allow excellent viewing and photographic opportunities through the opening roof hatches.